Cleaning Your Space with an Ozone Generator
One of the most challenging issues cleaning professionals must deal with is malodor eradication. Often, even once the source of the odor has been removed, odors persist because they have penetrated carpets, wall coverings, furniture, etc.
One of the fastest, most effective, and safest ways to tackle persistent malodors is with an ozone generator. Ozone, which can be sprayed by special machines called ozone generators, removes offending odors by breaking down molecules. Ozone (03) is a very reactive molecule which reacts with particles in the air and on surfaces. It attaches itself to other molecules and changes the chemical structure that creates neutral smelling molecules, thereby cleaning the air.
Ozone is used in low atmospheric doses in hospital wards - to sterilize rooms and bedding, office spaces, veterinarian rooms, commercial kitchens, factories, schools, boats, cars, recreational vehicles and more to keep air sterile and to keep places smelling clean and fresh. The best way in avoiding advanced odor removal techniques is to regularly use the services of a cleaning professional to maintain the cleanliness of your commercial space and keep your environment feeling clean and sanitized.
Cleaning professionals should know the following about ozone generators:
• The source of the odor must first be removed for the ozone generator to be effective
• Ozone machines oxidize odor-producing particulates, leaving behind pure oxygen; in most cases this means the odor is completely eliminated
• Areas where an ozone machine is in use should be sealed off
• Ozone machines do not mask odors, they eliminate them
• Select a machine with adjustable ozone output levels; some odors may require a higher ozone output than others
• For enhanced safety, the machine should have a programmable timer that turns the machine off at a specific time
• Usually ozone machines need at least 30 minutes to work effectively, however this can vary depending on the extent of the odor problem or the size of the area in which it is used
While cleaning professionals should use care when using ozone generators they should also know that used properly, ozone generators can be very effective at odor removal.